Jump to navigation Jump to search
Steps to take for screen printing a two colour design on paper.
- 1 Prepriation
- 2 Screen making
- 3 Prepare for printing
- 4 Printing
- 5 Result, prints on paper
- 6 Clean the screen
Make a design
Make colour separations
- Print both layers with black on transparent sheet.
- Handdraw with a paint marker (Posta, Monotov ect.) or drawing ink on transparent or semitransparent.
Coat a screen with light sensitive emulsion
- Choice a screen:
- red for paper, blue for textile
- check if theres no emulsion in the screen
- check if the screen is big enough
- use the scoop coater to fill the screen with light sensitive emulsion
- let it dry in de drawer in the exposure unit were it is protected to light.
Expose screen to UV light
- Place your transparant face up on the glass plate at the exposure unit.
- Place the screen over the transparants on the glass plate.
- Put the cord over the screen.
- Close the cover of the exposure unit and close the locks.
- Start the exposure.