Steps to take for screen printing a two colour design on paper.
Make a design
Make colour separations
- Print both layers with black on a transparent sheet.
- Hand draw with a paint marker (Posta, Monotov ect.) or drawing ink on transparent or semitransparent.
Coat a screen with light-sensitive emulsion
- Choice a screen:
- red for paper, blue for textile
- check if there's no emulsion on the screen
- check if the screen is big enough
- use the scoop coater to fill the screen with the light-sensitive emulsion
- let it dry in de drawer in the exposure unit where it is protected from the light.
Expose screen to UV light
- Place your transparent face up on the glass plate at the exposure unit.
- Place the screen over the transparent on the glass plate.
- Close the cover of the exposure unit and close the locks.
- Start the exposure.